Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Reapers ESO Guild Forum Index -> Game Guides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grumblestiltskin
Reaper

re: Add-ons (Work in Progress)

[Updated 27/02/2019]

There are a lot of addons to choose from out there here are some that we have found useful:

UI

Bandits User Interface is currently the best UI overhaul mod available. It has so many great features that improve your ESO experience.

Awesome Info adds a very small but incredibly useful window to your main screen which offers the following features: A real time clock, low weapon charge tracking, low armour durability warning (including repair cost), low bag space warning, horse feed timer, tells you if you have any research slots open and gives a two hour countdown when research is nearing completion and also gives an alert for any unspent attribute or skill points. You can easily choose which of these features you would like to see per character and as mentioned it is very small and unobtrusive.

Azurah - Interface Enchanced enables you to move nearly all of the "vanilla" UI elements on your main screen. Do not use if you are using Bandits UI.

Clock - Tamriel Standard Time Ever wondered what time it is Tamriel? What day? What year?! Are you barking to know when the next full moon will be? Then this add-on is for you!

Harven's Improved Skills Window brings some nice changes to to your skills menu. Once you have unlocked a skill with a skill point you just need to hover the mouse over the skill icon and it shows you the current skill info and both morphs that will be available. Once you have morphed the skill it will still show you the stats from the alternative morph as well as the morph you chose. It also gives detailed information of how much xp is required to level each skill.

PapaCrown Fixed and Improved Keep losing the group leader in a crowd? This adds a much larger crown over their head.

Photographer (Updated) is for all the avid screenshot people out there. ESO has a hide UI feature but it doesn't hide everything which can spoil an otherwise epic screenshot. This hides everything at the press of a button! I suggest that you visit the options as soon as you install it because, by default, it is set to take a screen shot every time you pick up a quest, hand in a quest etc. which can be annoying.

Srendarr - Aura, Buff & Debuff Tracker does exactly what it says on the tin. ESO has a simple in-game buff tracker but this is so much better and has a incredible amount of customisation options. It can take a while to get to grips with how to set it up and what info you want where on the screen but if you spend an hour or two setting it up it will be totally worth it. Bandit's UI has a great buff tracker but grab this addon if you require more.

Votan's Achievement Overview completely overhauls the Summary section of the achievements tab and shows details of achievements that you have recently made progress toward as well as ones recently attained.

Votan's Minimap adds an awesome minimap! Nuff said. (I use this instead of the Bandit UI minimap)

WPamA (What Pledges at my Alts) helps you track daily and weekly tasks, as well as other useful information, across all your characters. Tracks random dailies, trials, crafting levels and so much more.

Questing & Gathering

Undaunted Pledges Utility gives a notification in chat of what today's pledges are, sorts the pledges into their own section in your quest journal and even lets you know on screen which monster sets are available from each Undaunted chest just by targeting them.

Assist Rapid Riding is probably my favourite add-on of them all. Rapid Maneuver from the Assault skill line is an incredibly handy skill but not much use in a fight because it takes up a valuable skill slot. This add-on auto slots Rapids (or its morphs) on your skill bar every time you mount up and removes it again when you dismount. Extremely handy for that extra speed boost when out questing or gathering. You can also set it to a hot key so at a press of a button you can have Rapids slotted and then another button press and it's gone.

Goto simply adds a new tab to your map screen that list all the locations you can teleport to via guildies instead of trawling through guild rosters trying to find someone in the area you wish to visit. If you see that someone is in Coldharbour, for example, and that's where you want to be; just click on their name and you will port to the nearest wayshrine to them. Especially handy if you are in a large trade guild.

HarvestMap is for all the gatherers out there! Every flower you pick, every lump of wood you chop, every chest you lockpick etc is instantly logged to your map with tidy little (and relevant) icons so you can see at a glance where the best gathering spots are in each zone. Be warned that you map can get a little bit crowded. It can also add 3D pins to the world so you can see where nodes are just by looking around you.

LoreBooks adds the location of every Lore Book to your map!

Lost Treasure adds the locations of Treasure Maps and crafting surveys to your map. It simply requires you to have a map or survey in your inventory and a large red X will be added to your map showing you exactly where to go.

Map Pins adds a ton of options to the filter section of you map. Helps you track down achievements and useful locations across all of Tamriel.

Quest Map places icons on your map showing you every quest giver in the game. But if you are only interested in completing Cadwell's Journal or completing quests that grant a skill point you just need to head to your maps filter tab and select Cadwell or Skill Point and all the other quest icons will vanish.

Ravalox' Quest Tracker is a fantastic overhaul of the quest tracker that sits on your main screen. It neatly arranges all your open quests, by zone, into a simple window and you can change your quest focus at the click of a button without having to open your quest journal. Hovering the mouse over each quest title also gives you much more detail.

Thief Tools is a great little aid for all you thieves! It shows you how much your current stash of loot is worth and how many of those items are white, green, blue and purple (ditch those whites!). Also tracks how many more items you can sell or launder that day. Now we just need to be able to kill those pesky guards! 

Combat

Combat Cloud ESO now comes with it's own combat text that shows your outgoing damage and heals etc but Combat Cloud is far superior and adds other features like on screen prompts of when to dodge, block and even when to execute your target.

Untaunted is a great addon for tanks and probably the best named add-on of all time. It adds a list of taunted enemies to your screen and counts down to when your taunt expires.

Tank is another one for tanks. It places a countdown in the middle of your target reticle showing how many seconds left until your target needs to be re-taunted.

Trials

Raid Notifier Updated

Asylum Sanctorium Status Panel

Asylum Tracker

Blackrose Prison Helper

PvP

Kill Counter 

Inventory

Advanced Filters adds extra filter tabs to your inventory screen to make your inventory much easier to navigate.

AlphaGear 2 saves your favourite gear and skill bar setups so you can easily switch between them at the press of a button. It also auto recharges your weapons during combat and has a auto repair option!

Craft Bag Extended The Craft Bag is the greatest thing ever but retrieving items from the bag in order to trade with other players or send items via mail can be a pain. Craft Bag Extended makes life so much easier by adding tabs to your mail screen, trading screen and bank so you can easily select items from your craft bag.

Inventory Insight tracks your inventory, gold, AP and all other in-game currencies across all your characters and displays it in one screen which pops up when you open your inventory.

Itemization Browser lists every single armour set, monster set and weapon in the game and where to get them so you can easily browse them in game.

JunkBuster allows you to create rules for autojunking and auto destroying certain items you pick up during your travels.

Lootdrop, Continued (All in One) is very similar to the in game loot history window but it lets you know the total you have in your inventory and craft bag instead of how much you just picked up.

Crafting

Crafting Preview (Armour) enables you to preview armour on your character before crafting it. 

Crafting Stations adds all set crafting stations to your map and shows details of the sets when you mouse over the icon. Don't forget that we have purchased the most popular and most difficult to get to stations.

CraftStore Wrathstone

Dolgubon's Lazy Set Crafter

Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter Complete your daily crafting writs with total ease! With this add-on installed you simply walk up to each station and it auto crafts what you need to complete your writ. It also automatically retrieves any items you need from your bank/craft bag including pre-made potions etc

Daily Alchemy auto crafts potions and poison for writs.

Daily Provisioning auto crafts food and drink for writs.

Writ Worthy is great for auto crafting your master writs.

Furniture Catalogue lists every craft-able housing item and the reagents you need to craft them! It also lists items that can be purchased for vouchers or locked behind achievements. Requires a hotkey to open up the browser.

Furniture Preview

Mass Deconstructor adds the ability to auto-deconstruct all your unwanted gear (be sure to lock what you want to keep!) and also auto-refine all your gathered materials.

MultiCraft

Potion Maker (for Alchemy Crafting)

Recipe Info

Show Motifs

Trait Buddy

Banking & Mail

Postmaster Mail

Roomba - Guildbank Stacker

Trading

AwesomeGuildStore

Master Merchant

Tamriel Trade Centre

Player Housing

Essential Housing Tools

Magic Carpet

Port to Friends House

Misc

BugCatcher

Votan's Keybinder

Votan's Lore Library Search

Fishing Add-ons

Rare Fish Tracker

Votan's Fish Fillet

Votan's Fisherman

Holiday Specific Add-ons

Plunder Skull Timer (Witches Festival) 

All these Add-Ons are usually updated as a new Patch is released, or at least a few days after and rather than going back to ESOUI.com there is a simpler way to maintain your Add-Ons in the form of Minion. This program will register all compatible games you have on your system and the Add-Ons you have installed for each game. It will inform you when an Add-On needs updating and will allow you to do so with a single click. All you need to do is install it, follow the instructions to get set up and check Minion regularily for updates. You can also search for new Add-Ons via Minion and install them to your game files that way. More time saving!

We hope you find these suggestions useful and feel free to suggest more for us to investigate.

May you have keen eyes and sharp scythes.

Last edited by Grumblestiltskin on Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:13 am; edited 11 times in total
The Dawnsinger Collective
Reapers Veteran

Grumble,

Many thanks for posting this list. I found it very helpful, while I'd already discovered some of them there were a number of gems here I didn't know about.

If like me you play on a laptop with limited screen real estate, you might want to try these add-ons as an alternative to Srendarr's buff tracker:

Action Duration Reminder
This addon tracks your sloted actions that have duration attributes or over time effects, reminds you to re-invoke your actions, and makes you good at performing rotations.

Pet Health
A
dds a simple health bar for each of your pets - makes it easy to see when you need to heal or re-summon.

On my pet characters I also find Pet Dismiss really helpful. It enables you to add extra key bindings to dismiss your pets. Let's face it, as helpful as they are they can be a complete pain in the arse on occasions (e.g. they seem to know instinctively which item your about to loot and go and stand on top of it so you can't interact with it!).

Auto Recharge will save you from ever standing there in broken armour or wielding a weapon that's out of juice.

To supplement the brilliant Lazy Writ Crafter, I use Daily Alchemy and Daily Provisioning. They're not as polished as Writ Crafter but they make daily writs for these two crafts almost as easy.

Currently I'm using Dressing Room Reborn to enable me to quickly swap gear and skills. It may just be me not having set it up properly but it seems to require multiple clicks to swap stuff so I'm intending to look at alternatives at some point. That said one nice sounding feature (that I haven't used yet) is that you're supposed to be able to get it to swap to particular stuff based on the zone your in (could be handy for those with PVP bits for Cyrodill).

Greymind QuickSlot Bar makes it easier to see what you have in each of your slots. You can also assign additional key bindings to activate things directly.

Map Pins is a brilliant add-on that enables you to get rid of add-ons like LoreBooks and SkyShards as it does it all. I don't know if the Summerset rollout was typical but it also got updated quicker the sky shards/lorebooks too, which is how I found it.

MerCharacterSheet enables you to change the order of the sections in the Character Sheet window (handy for making sure you can see the timer for feeding your mounts easily). It also adds a Research Timer section to make it easy to keep track of these too.

As well as getting rid of the in your face crown store advertisements, Nothankyou! also allows you to turn off various other notifications and dialog prompts for a smoother gaming experience.

Like Awesome Guild Store, VotansMinimap should be part of the base game in my view! If you're as geographically-challenged as I am some form of minimap is essential. If I had more screen realestate, I would also use the Circular Minimap Mod (an add-on for the add-on!) but on my laptop I find the default rectangular one better. It also adds clocks for both Tamriel and your local timezone.

Hope you find the above useful and please do let me know if you're aware of better alternatives for any of these!

Grumble add something about RaidNotifier, essential for vet Trials and very good for all trials.

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1355-RaidNotifierUpdated.html

Skayaq
Reapers Hand

For People with lots of alts WPamA can be useful. It can show you which daily quest you have available in hew's bane/Gold Coast/Wrothgar/Vvardenfell/Summerset, how much of each currency you have available, when random dungeon/battleground rewards reset and when trial coffers reset.

The Dawnsinger Collective
Reapers Veteran

Many of you won't need this but for those who are lockpingly-challenged, I recommend FCO Lockpicker

It either puts a nice big tick on the screen when it's time to release your mouse button to set the tumbler, or (my favourite) turns the set tumbler bright green.  So for anyone struggling with the New Life lock picking achievement and who doesn't has spare skill points to dump into Force Locks - this could be the answer!

Updated! But still needs work.

Deleted Arkadium's Undaunted and replaced with Undaunted Pledges Utilities due to Arkadium's addon going out of date.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: